The problem: when open File Explorer, it become not responding and shows “Working on it” with circling blue cursor. After several attempts fixing the problem from Internet and fail, I experiment these simple steps to Fix Windows 10 File Explorer “Working on It” – Not Responding.
- If the explorer already opened and not responding, force closed it from Task Manager.
- Open Settings.
- Search for “file explorer” and choose File Explorer Options.
- Choose options as follow:
- Open File Explorer to: This PC
- Privacy: unchecked Show recently used files in Quick Access & Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
- Clear File Explorer history: Click on Clear button
- That’s it, I hope it also fix your problem. This problem happen in my wife’s laptop, but not my laptop. So not all users got this problem anyway.