Things to be prepared:
- DIALux Luxicon program, installed with
- Cooper Crouse-Hinds luminaire catalogs plugin,
- AutoCAD (.dwg/.dxf) sample layout.
The program and its plugin can be downloaded from Luxicon Pro download page.
- Open program, on Welcome window select New Interior Project.
- First set the units first. Click Cancel on Room Editor sidebar.
- Go to menu File ⇒ Settings ⇒ General Options.
- Go to tab Global, set the units on Dimensions and Lighting. In this tutorial use Imperial for both units. Then OK.
- In drawing workspace, right click mouse inside room and select Edit Room Geometry option.
- In Room Editor sidebar, insert estimated Length, Width, and Height of the platform. Example: 60ft, 60ft, and 11.5ft. Then OK.
- Insert drawing from AutoCAD to ease room and lighting editing. Before importing CAD file, things to be considered is simplify layout drawing with minimal elements which are:
- Structure layout
- Equipment layout
- Lighting layout (if you have assumed before)
Elements such as dimension, cable & tray layout, or notes; recommended to be deleted.
- To insert AutoCAD drawing, go to menu File ⇒ Import ⇒ DWG or DXF File…
- Click Next ⇒ Browse for CAD file ⇒ Next, select units, choose Inch ⇒ Next ⇒ Next. The CAD drawing will be the background.
- In drawing workspace, right click mouse inside room and select Edit Room Geometry option. Drag the edge of geometry to match up with drawing background.
- To add more corner, right click on the edge of polygon ⇒ Insert Point. Drag the point and add as many corner/point to match the platform layout. Click OK to finish room editing.
- On Project Manager sidebar, in Project tab, choose all Wall surfaces sub-element (use Shift to multi select), then set Transparency in Material tab to 100%. Since the platform doesn’t have wall.
- Insert Round column from Room elements in Object tab sidebar. Set the diameter then click Insert. Drag to match with platform layout. Copy-paste to duplicate the column. You can also add any elements to the platform.
- To insert lighting fixture (luminaire) go to menu Luminaire Selection ⇒ DIALux Catalogs ⇒ Cooper Crouse-Hinds. A program will open. Choose lighting fixture, double click the desired fixture. Tips: before select fixture, try to update the catalogue by clicking the UPDATE button.
- Back to Luxicon, detail about the fixture will be shown in sidebar. Go to Mounting tab, choose Mounting Type to User defined, adjust the Suspension Height. Click Insert to insert the fixture. Drag the fixture to match with layout. Copy-paste to duplicate.
- Also adjust Rotations for particular fixture, like the one mounted on stanchion. To make it ease, change view to 3D View.
- Insert Calculation Surface to show the luminance value later after the calculation process finished. Go to menu Paste ⇒ Calculation surfaces… From sidebar choose Calculation Surface then click Insert.
- When the surface box appear in drawing, right click on it choose Edit Calculation Surface. Resize, add and move point just like when editing Room to match the platform layout. Click OK when finish editing.
- Time to start calculation. Go to menu Output ⇒ Start Calculation… A window will appear, tick all option ⇒ click OK.
- After calculation end, go to menu Output ⇒ Configure Output… From sidebar tick any desired option or choose from available template from Name drop-down field.
- To show the calculation report instantly by go to menu File ⇒ Export ⇒ Save Output as PDF… If the built-in PDF converter didn’t work use 3rd party software to convert PDF for Windows or print directly to printer by go to menu File ⇒ Print…
- Use Visibility Parameter and Define Attribute in Block AutoCAD tutorial: Use Visibility Parameter and Define Attribute in Block...
- Tracing Bitmap Logo to CAD File with Inkscape CAD program like AutoCAD has limited function for art design,...
- AutoCAD tips: Plot Style Table Editor Use Plot Style Table Editor to modify the printed color...
- Non Uniform Scale on AutoCAD There is no direct command in AutoCAD to do a...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.