Make sure you have install Franco Kernel on your phone.
Franco Kernel has the ability to change CPU clocks, so with lower clock the power consumption will be decreased. User can automate the CPU clock depend on specific conditions with Tasker app. For this tutorial I use Nexus 4.
Franco Kernel has three default mode related to performance: Power Saving, Balance, and Performance. The description is available on the app.
- Open Tasker -> go to TASKS tab -> add new task (‘+‘ symbol).
- Give the new task a name, e.g. ‘Power Saver On‘.
- Add new action (‘+‘ symbol) -> System -> Send Intent.
- On Action field, type com.franco.kernel.POWER_SAVING. To save it, go back.
- Add another two task: ‘Balance On‘ and ‘Performance On‘ with the same action: Send Intent.
- On Action field for Balance On: com.franco.kernel.BALANCE.
- On Action field for Performance On: com.franco.kernel.PERFORMANCE.
Add Tasks to Profiles
The scenario is Power Saver On when the phone is turned off while not charged. When the phone turned on, Balance On is activated.
- Go to PROFILES tab -> add new context (‘+‘ symbol) -> State -> Display -> Display State.
- On Is dropdown choose Off. To save it, go back.
- Choose Power Saver On task.
- Touch and hold on Display State Off profile -> Add + -> State -> Power -> Power.
- On Source dropdown choose Any and check the box on Invert.
- Touch and hold on Power Saver On task -> Add Exit Task -> choose Balance On.
- Finish 🙂
Try scenario with Performance On task for power demanding job like games. Don’t forget to use Add Exit Task after exiting the app to go back to Balance On task.