Asus X550ZE-XX065D Review
Asus X550ZE-XX065D (AMD FX-7600P, R7 + R5 M230) is a well balanced performer, features the highest AMD mobile APU solution with big screen and full sized keyboard. The notebook comfortably could be used in any condition, from office to gaming with a competitive price, as long as user does one critical thing: upgrade to dual-channel RAM.
Image from ASUS Official Website
- CPU : AMD FX-7600P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
- RAM : 2 x 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz
- GPU : R7 + R5 M230
- Display : 15.6″ 16:9 1366×768
- Storage : Toshiba MQ01ABD100 1GB 5400rpm SATA III
- Peripheral :
- Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8G6
- 2-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/MMC)
- VGA Web Camera
- Networking :
- Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
- Built-in Bluetooth V4.0
- 10/100/1000/Gigabits Base-T
- Interface :
- 1 x COMBO audio jack
- 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin
- 1 x HDMI
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack
- Audio : SonicMaster Speakers And Microphone
- Battery : 4Cells 44 Whrs 2950mAh
- Dimension : 38.0 x 25.1 x 2.51 cm (WxDxH)
- Weight : 2.26 kg
Some notes on specification:
- The CPU clock can be down to 1400MHz and way up to 3600MHz. The official site state base clock is 2700MHz and boost clock is 3600MHz. 1400MHz clock can be seen in AMD Catalyst Control Center app.
- The original only has 1 RAM module, then I add 4GB with dual channel configuration.
- After I upgrade to dual-channel memory and update AMD Catalyst to 15.7 there is change in GPU spec that will be shown later below.
- There is only one slot for harddisk.
- Before memory upgrade, I’ve problem with hardware acceleration in AutoCAD. It solved after memory upgrade.
CPU-Z Memory with 4GB Single Channel RAM
CPU-Z Memory after upgrade to 2x4GB Dual Channel RAM
CPU-Z SPD for Original Memory:
CPU-Z SPD for Additional Memory:
GPU-Z for R7 Graphic for 4GB RAM:
GPU-Z for R7 Graphic after Upgrade to Dual-channel Memory:
GPU-Z for R5 M230 Graphic:
Next page for Benchmark.